Sunday, July 10, 2011

Happy Fourth!

This was a mock angel food cake that I made. So delicious! I have to keep the tradition that my mom started of making a flag cake every year.





We spent the fourth of July at Seth's parent's house. Almost all of Seth's family was there. There pool was great, but we had a scary experience that day:

Bowen had been swimming with his life jacket on all afternoon, and he was jumping off the diving board and going down the slide. Just having a great time. We took his life vest off to feed him some pizza. I went inside to be with Leah, and Seth stayed out with Bowen. About 5 minutes later Seth came in, and after a few minutes I asked him to go outside and check on Bowen. I am so glad I asked him to do that, because he found Bowen in the pool by the steps bobbing up and down, because he couldn't touch the bottom. He yanked him out and Bowen threw up, but seemed to be breathing fine. He was probably under the water less than 20 seconds. It was the worst experience. I am so thankful that he is just fine, but we will be a lot more cautious around the pool from now on.

1 comment:

chelsea mckell said...

Hey! It's been too long since I've checked your blog - ohmyword, your children are BEAUTIFUL!! It was so fun catching up on your posts. Sorry to hear about your Grandpa - sounds like he was an amazing man. And this pool story - SO SCARY! Ugh, I get the chills reading things like this. Definitely a good reminder for us to alwaysalways been ubercautious with kids and water. And your new house - SO beautiful!! Draper is a nice area. Good luck with the move and getting settled!!